What happens to your money when the market drops! Is there somewhere safe you can place your capital in times of troubled markets? A properly balanced portfolio should include fixed income products. They are designed to provide a safe place for capital preservation as well as income. This course explains the world of investing in the safest of all fixed income securities, US Treasury products. It breaks down the types of securities available from the US Treasury, how to purchase them, and several strategies for including them in your portfolio. After viewing this course, you will have knowledge of how interest rates fluctuate and how to take advantage of certain Treasury securities in inflationary or deflationary times.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
1. What is a bond? Characteristics and types
2. Treasury market term definitions
3. Yields: types and how to calculate them
4. T-Bills: What they are, where to buy them, how to read the quotes
5. T-Notes: What they are, where to buy them, how to read the quotes
6. T-Bonds: What they are, where to buy them, how to read the quotes
7. TIPS: Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities, a hedge against inflation
8. An introduction to Strips and zero coupon notes
There are no reviews yet.